OIL-OUT is oil, grease and also a stain cleaner for many surface types. It is a concentrated blend of bacterial spores and solvent-free, biodegradable liquid. It is formulated to quickly break down oils and grease on most surfaces while providing a safe environment for skin and clothing. OIL-OUT™ shortens clean-up times, increases contaminant bioavailability and initiates biodegradation. The microbes continue to work for 72 hours and will reactivate when moistened.
OIL-OUT™ contains naturally occurring, non-pathogenic waste degrading microorganisms that can eliminate a wide range of organic waste (hydrocarbons, fats, oils as well as grease). The non-pathogenic waste degrading strains of microorganisms cause the elimination of hydrocarbons through biological conversion.
- Non-toxic, non-flammable biodegradable cleaner (Eco Performance)
- Cleans many surface types of oil spills and stains
- Contains no petroleum distillates or solvents
- A safe alternative to harsh caustic or acidic cleaners
- Non-corrosive, non-irritating formula (Safe for users and also the environment!)
- Enhances biodegradation above and below the ground surface when used as directed
- Often, no removal or replacement of contaminated material is necessary
Operational Temperature Range/ Storage Requirements
The beneficial bacteria strains included are able to sustain growth on a great variety of carbon sources from a low temperature of 4°C to a high of 45°C. Do not store in temperatures exceeding 32°C or below freezing.
Will clean out grease and oil stains in driveways, concrete, asphalt, pavers and any other hard surface. Also cleans out industrial, marine and truck oils. Removes stains caused by oil, tar, automotive fluids (transmission fluid, antifreeze, brake fluid, engine oils, lubricants, grease, radiator fluid, power steering fluid, gasoline, diesel, ethanol, rust proofing, asphalt sealer, etc.), inboard/outboard boat fuel, oily wastewater, gas-oil combinations for lawnmowers, marine and small engines, cutting fluids and grease from: concrete, brick and concrete pavers, asphalt, soil, equipment (including: machinery, parts washing, truck washing, restaurant kitchen hoods, BBQ’s, vinyl, wood and more), clothing, skin, carpet and all flooring, upholstery, driveways and drive thru’s.
Oil-Out for greasy Equipment Clean up
- Shake OIL-OUT™ Concentrate well. Mix minimum 1 part OIL-OUT™ to 5 parts warm water. Spray or apply to contaminated area and let sit for 5 to 20 minutes, keeping the area wet with OIL-OUT™. Spray or apply to the area again, agitate with a brush or scrub pad and rinse with clean water.
- For heavily soiled equipment repeat process as needed
Oil-Out for Oil Spills on Soil
- Shake OIL-OUT™ Concentrate well. Mix minimum 1 part OIL-OUT™ to 5 parts warm water. Spray or apply to contaminated area and let sit for 5 to 20 minutes, keeping the area wet with OIL-OUT™. Spray or apply to the area again, agitate with a broom and do not rinse. The microbes in the product will continue to clean and break down the stain for the next 72 hours.
- Repeat the process as needed every 2-3 days until stain is gone.
- Serious and reportable spills will need the addition of OIL-OUT™ specialized bacterial blends. We will be pleased to work with you to develop appropriate soil and water treatment programs. Natural solutions can be the most cost effective (usually 1/3 to 1/10 of the cost of alternatives). Please give us a call so we can propose a program to suit your needs.
Oil-Out for Ground and Storage Maintenance
- When you use OIL-OUT™ for grounds maintenance and preventive maintenance applications you can catch oil and other hydrocarbon contaminants before they have a chance to move through the soil and contaminate groundwater. The active bacteria in OIL-OUT™ will work with other naturally occurring microbes at digest and bioremediate soil and water.
- At sites where drums have been stored or occasional small spills may have occurred it is wise and prudent to apply out OIL-OUT™ directly to the surface as a part of a regular spring and summer maintenance program. Shake OIL-OUT™ Concentrate well. Dilute 1 part OIL-OUT™ to 5 parts warm water and spray area liberally.
Oil-Out for Concrete Stains
- Wet the area
- Shake OIL-OUT™ Concentrate well. Dilute 2 parts OIL-OUT™ and 1 part warm water and apply the mixture with a pump-up sprayer in a thin film
- Brush with a stiff “street broom” and get a lather working
- Wait 20 minutes
- Brush again to loosen any residual oils
- (*see below) power-wash with a surface cleaner (2000 PSI) to remove oils that your scrubbing has released
- Verify that you have that you have no free oil residue (there will be no oily rainbow on the surface of the water)
- Spray residual stains with a thin film of the mixture and allow to air dry. The microbes in the product will continue to clean and break down the stain for the next 72 hours
- Repeat step 8 every 4 to 7 days until the stain is faded. The age and composition of the stain will determine how long it takes to completely fade away. (* For tougher oil stains it is better to allow the product to work for up to 24 hours before you use the surface cleaner as this actually saves both time and money – the key to our product ‘s success is ‘dwell time’.)
OIL-OUT™ must be diluted with water to activate the microbes and it will also work best if used with warm water. Heavily soiled areas may require extra applications. Please feel free to contact us at any time with questions or for further instructions.
For more information go to www.oil-out.com
N.B. All above information is accurate. However, having no control over the conditions of utilization of the product, we cannot assume any responsibility, legal or other, in regards of the results and/or any prejudice from which derived.