Our Microtech Penetrating Sealer is formulated to provide excellent protection for natural stone, porcelain tile, and also cement grout joints leaving a natural look.
- Unsealed concrete or masonry
- All types of natural stone. Best on polished and honed surfaces
- Quartz composite stone
- Ceramic, porcelain & quarry tile
- Cement grout joints
- Floors, walls, countertops, backsplashes and also showers
- Residential, commercial, institutional as well as industrial
- Interior & exterior use
Microtech Penetrating Sealer Characteristics
- No color enhancement
- No gloss
- A molecular formula which penetrates and then fills surface porosity without leaving a superficial film
- Allows vapor transmission, ideal for showers
- Excellent water & oil repellency
- Faint odor
- 946ml covers approximately 20m² (200ft²)
- Low VOC: < 20gr / litre
- Heavy Duty Cleaner (FC350)
- Neutral Floor Cleaner (FC300)
- Tile & Grout Cleaner (FC305) for non-polished surfaces only
- Granite Countertop Cleaner (FC313)
- Vinyl, Tile & Stone Cleaner (FC110)
- Spot Free Shower Cleaner (FC373)
- 250ml bottle (FC680-25)
- 946ml bottle (FC680-01)
- 4L bottle (FC680-04)
- 20L pail (FC680-20)
Microtech Penetrating Sealer Directions
New Grout: wait for 7 to 14 days to allow proper curing of grout before applying the sealer (Refer to grout manufacturer’s recommendation).
Existing Grout: First deep clean or remove any existing topical sealer using Heavy Duty Cleaner & Acrylic Finish Stripper (FC350).
Floor Application: Apply a thin coat of sealer evenly on the surface with an FCS Mop (FC230) and an application Mop Cloth (FC225) or a White Scrub Pad (FC210). Then allow the sealer to penetrate the surface for 15 minutes. Do not allow the sealer to pool on the surface by wiping the surface with a dry cloth after 15 minutes. Allow sealer 1 hour to completely dry afterward. Apply a second coat in the same manner. Two coats are generally sufficient.
Wall & Backsplash Application: Make sure there is no accumulation of sealer on the top edge of the tiles to avoid apparition of streaks during the drying period. The most effective method is to saturate the surface by misting or spraying the sealer. Then let the sealer penetrate for 5 minutes and dry tile surface with a dry cloth. One coat is generally sufficient.
To verify if sealer protection is adequate: To assure protection is adequate test the sealed surface once it has dried. Put a few drops of water on the surface and then wait a few minutes. If the surface does not darken, then there is no water penetration and the protection is adequate.
Caution & Limitations
- Test product on a small inconspicuous area
- When applying the product protect adjacent areas against unexpected contact with the product
- The product should be used at room temperature
- Regular reapplication schedule may be required in heavily used and high traffic areas
- Lightfoot traffic for 6-8 hours afterward
- Cure time 72 hours